Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting the DSLR


Ok, so the wait is all over. I finally have my first DSLR in my hand. It feels good to hold the Canon 600D. Before buying my cam I did a lot of research on Amazon, eBay and local retailers - Jessops. Currys. The deals on ebay are very attractive. They are almost £200 less than amazon and other retail stores.

Amazon and retail shops offered the best deal at £949.00 for a Canon 600D + EF-S 18-135 mm while ebay offered the same combo for £680.00. Whooooo, a fantastic deal. Isn't it? On further investigation I learned that all ebay sellers are Hong Kong dealers and the product would come with Hong Kong warranty. Plus, if am not much lucky I would end up paying Custom duty and VAT on top of it which is very high in the UK, which would negate all the benefit.

After a weeks research, I finally decided to get it locally from Jessops.


I'm very happy with the product and already started playing with it. Lot to learn and experiment ahead! Hoping to post some good snaps on this forum soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment